GALATIANS 1:3-5: “Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.” NKJV
OBSERVATION: In the midst of a pandemic, in the middle of national turmoil, as we find ourselves sequestered and separated from our family and friends, as each day is filled with more bad news – it is important to remember…
WE ARE CREATED FOR VICTORY!
Paul, in his opening remarks to the Church of Galatia, reminds his readers that they were created for victory. The Gospel, the good news of Jesus Christ, is not a timid story. The Gospel is a radical story of God’s intervention into an evil world with one purpose in mind. This purpose was to conquer sin and its power over our lives.
- “Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age…”
Why is there so much evil in the world? It is because the world is filled with sinners. I am a sinner. You are a sinner. Everyone in this world has sinned and falls short of the glory of God (His sinless perfection and love). Sin not only separates us from God, but it also is hell-bent to destroy our lives. Mankind, left to himself, can never win the battle against sin.
- “For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.” Romans 7:14-20 NKJV
As politicians work to establish new laws, as money is thrown at every broken part of our society, it never seems to make a difference. Why? The answer is – sin. We are born in sin. The brokenness of our parent’s lives has been passed on to us and we pass it on to our children. The only answer for sin is Jesus Christ.
- “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” II Corinthians 5:21 NKJV
Through faith in Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection, we are not only freed from the penalty of sin (death, eternal separation from God), but we are also given God’s empowering grace to walk in victory over sin. The power of sin is broken through the blood of Jesus Christ! He –
- “…gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory forever and ever.” (Galatians 1:5).
WE ARE CREATED FOR VICTORY!
Salvation is not only the blessedness of eternal life. Salvation is also the radical empowerment of the believer to overcome the power of sin in their life. The old patterns of brokenness can be healed. Where there once was anger, forgiveness can flow. Where there once was prejudice, love and acceptance can be embraced. Where fear dominated, peace now can rule and reign. We are not called to eke out an existence in this life until we go to heaven.
THE BELIEVER IS CALLED TO WALK IN EVER GROWING VICTORY!
It is this victory that the world needs to see modeled before them. While people rush into the streets to embrace violence and anarchy, the believer needs to rise up with the only message of hope – the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus Saves is not simply an aging neon sign on the steeple of the church on the corner. Jesus Saves is our testimony to a world that needs a savior. They will never find it in politics, protest, or programs. The deliverance that every man and woman hungers for is found only in the Cross of Jesus Christ!
It is time to dust off the old chorus from the 1970s that was sung by Andre Crouch.
“Jesus Is The Answer For The World Today
Above Him There’s No Other Jesus Is The Way”
This chorus repeats and repeats in this famous song that is now included in many hymnals. It may seem too simplistic to some. Yet, these are the most powerful and profound words for our world today. We need another Jesus revival in our day. We need to shout it from the rooftops. We need to live our lives boldly in the victory in which we have been set free.
- “…HE GAVE HIMSELF FOR OUR SINS, THAT HE MIGHT DELIVER US FROM THIS PRESENT EVIL AGE, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.” NKJV
Let’s start living in His power and provision! Let’s live as those who have been delivered from this present evil age! Let’s let our light shine brightly before all men! Let’s live boldly through the grace and peace that comes only from God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ!
LET’S WALK IN THE VICTORY THAT WE WERE CREATED FOR!
In Jesus Name!