EPHESIANS 1:17-19: “I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, would give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened so that you may know what is the hope of his calling, what is the wealth of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the mighty working of his strength.” CSB
OBSERVATION: Is there a prayer that the Lord loves to answer? I believe Paul’s prayer in Ephesians chapter 1 is such a prayer. And, it is a prayer that I can make personal. It is a prayer for revelation!
- “I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, would give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him.”
Lord, I know that within my own understanding I will never get to know You personally and intimately. Yet, this is what I hunger for. I want to know You more. I want to know Your love, Your character, Your heart. I want to grow in Your wisdom and understanding. I pray that You would pour out Your Holy Spirit anew upon my life and grant me wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of You. Take the scales away from my eyes and my heart. Let me see You, know You, love You, follow You. Give me the gift of revelation!
- “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened…”
Lord, help me to remember that the true reality is the spiritual reality. My life here on earth is so bound by what I see, touch, and hear. I tend to live my life from merely a human perspective. Yet, by Your Spirit, you want to lift me above these limitations. You want to give me the wings of eagles so that I can soar above my limitations. You want to give me spiritual eyes, the eyes of my heart, so that I can truly see. Help me to view all of life through these eyes. Not just the spiritual things, but even the ordinary and mundane things of life. Help me to see Your hand and purpose in everything I face and do.
- “…so that you may know what is the hope of his calling, what is the wealth of his glorious inheritance in the saints…”
Lord, there is so much wealth stored up for those who believe. It is not the gold and silver of this present age. It is the true riches of heaven that neither moth nor rust can corrupt. It is a future filled with hope and an inheritance that is not subject to the stock market or the condition of this world. It is an inheritance in Christ that is secured in heaven for me. It is the promise of an eternity in Your presence where there will be no more tears or suffering. It is the hope of our fulfilled purpose and destiny as the creation of God! Lord, help me to know and hold on to this hope.
- “…and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the mighty working of his strength.”
Lord, when I feel powerless, and there are many times I do, help me to remember the immeasurable greatness of Your power directed toward me. It is the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead. It is not an earthly energy or force. Rather, it is the immutable power of Your love working in us. It is in Your love that we find the true strength to live our lives. Nothing can separate us from Your love. We can face anything in life because Your love sustains us. Love led Jesus to the cross and love rolled away the stone and broke the bonds of death. Love is our victory. Lord, help me to grow in the greatness of Your power, in the greatness of Your strength, in the greatness of Your love!
- “He exercised this power in Christ by raising him from the dead and seating him at his right hand in the heavens — far above every ruler and authority, power and dominion, and every title given, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he subjected everything under his feet and appointed him as head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of the one who fills all things in every way.” Ephesians 1:20-23 CSB
Lord, give me a full revelation of my life in Jesus Christ my Lord!
In Jesus Name!