II CORINTHIANS 1:19-20: “For God’s Son, Jesus the Messiah, who was preached among you by us—by me, Silvanus, and Timothy—was not “Yes” and “No.” But with him it is always “Yes.” For all God’s promises are “Yes” in him. And so through him we can say “Amen,” to the glory of God.”
OBSERVATION: What is God’s will for my life? This is a question we wrestle with continually as we walk through life. However, I think we make this process more difficult than it should be. Why? – Because we focus more on the things we do not know, than the things that are clear and evident. When it comes to the promises of God – THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS – YES! If I begin with the answers that are already clear – the remaining questions come into focus.
- Is it God’s will to save me? YES! – II Peter 3:9
- Is it God’s will that I live an abundant life? YES! – John 10:10
- Is it God’s will to give me wisdom? YES! – James 1:5
- Is it God’s will to give me joy? YES! – John 15:11
- Is it God’s will to give me peace? YES! – John 16:33
- Is it God’s will to deliver me from trials? YES! – I Peter 5:6-11
- Is it God’s will to comfort me during times of trial and suffering? YES! – II Corinthians 1:3-4
- Is it God’s will to provide my needs? YES! – Philippians 4:19
- Is it God’s will to heal me? YES! – James 5:13-16
And to be honest – the list could go on, and on, and on, and on! ALL THE PROMISES OF GOD FIND THEIR “YES” AND THEIR “AMEN” IN CHRIST JESUS! His death and resurrection secured all that we will need in order to live our life with joy, peace, and confidence. And the gift of the Holy Spirit in our hearts is the guarantee that what He has begun – He will complete in our lives
- “In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.” (Ephesians 1:13-14 NKJV)
- “Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ…” (Philippians 1:6 NKJV)
Lord, thank you revealing Your Will so clearly and so powerfully for my life! As I wrestle with all the unknown questions of life – help me to do so with a heart of faith – resting in all the promises that You have already said YES to – through Jesus Christ my Lord!
In Jesus Name!