PSALMS 33:8-12: “Let the whole world fear the Lord, and let everyone stand in awe of him. For when he spoke, the world began! It appeared at his command. The Lord frustrates the plans of the nations and thwarts all their schemes. But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever; his intentions can never be shaken. What joy for the nation whose God is the Lord, whose people he has chosen as his inheritance.” NLT
OBSERVATION: Am I the only one who thinks this world is out of control? Everything seems upside down. The norms that we grew up with as children have been thrown away. And the last bastion of light in the free world seems to be growing dim. As the torch on Lady Liberty flickers and its embers grow dim, I need to remember one important thing.
God is still in control!
God has never lost control. The one who spoke the world into existence, the one who did not allow man to die in his sins, but sent His only Son to die in our place, the one who defeated sin and death as the stone rolled away and Jesus walked out of the tomb – IS STILL IN CONTROL! The nations may roar, politicians may plan their schemes, yet it is the Lord who sits upon the throne of human history!
- “The Lord frustrates the plans of the nations and thwarts all their schemes. But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever; his intentions can never be shaken.”
God’s plans are not for one nation or one political party. God’s plans are for the redemption of mankind and the world. He is moving all of history toward its determined end. We can only see what lies behind us and the moment that lies ahead. God can see everything – from His first word that set the world in motion, to His last word of victory when everything is accomplished!
- “And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.” And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life. All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children.” Revelation 21:5-7 NLT
When did I start thinking that God’s plans on this earth had anything to do with one nation? When did God exchange his plan for the plan of man? God has always had one plan. It was to be our God and for us to be His people. When we sinned in the garden we forfeited that plan. We turned this world over to the enemy of our souls. From that moment in time, the Lord has been working His eternal plan to redeem mankind and this fallen world.
There is a day coming when all those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ will hear the trumpet call. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, Jesus will remove His church from this world and the final pages of history will play out. He is so gracious and loving that He gave us a complete book to prepare our hearts for this day – the book of Revelation. It is time that God’s people begin to read and meditate the truths of this book, for the day is now closer than it has ever been!
- “This is a revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants the events that must soon take place. He sent an angel to present this revelation to his servant John, who faithfully reported everything he saw. This is his report of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near.” Revelation 1:1-3 NLT
I don’t know about you, but I am excited to be living in these last days. As we see history unfold before us, as we see the final pages of Scripture being fulfilled right before our very eyes, it is exciting to think that we may be that generation that hears the trumpet call! My eyes are turning heavenward. My heart is filled with faith and expectation. Jesus Christ is coming back as King of kings and Lord of lords! There is nothing that will take Him by surprise!
- “But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever; his intentions can never be shaken. What joy for the nation whose God is the Lord, whose people he has chosen as his inheritance.”
- “For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. So encourage each other with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 NLT
Lord, give me the grace to turn my eyes and my ears toward heaven. May I position my heart of faith to hear Your trumpet call and always remember…
YOU ARE IN CONTROL!
In Jesus Name!